View Single Post
Old 09-12-2024, 01:02 PM
BP Mafia

Default Estes Nike Arrow

I bought this almost RTF kit along with a Custom Tristar back in 2001 so that my two nephews could have something to fly at a family launch. The nephew with the Tristar couldn't get the nose cone back on tightly, so he slammed his palm down on top of it like he was slapping a fly. Dead rocket. The nephew who got the Nike Arrow couldn't have cared less. It didn't fly that day, but the next week at B6-4 Field it flew to 100', then took a turn toward the school roof. It rained that night and blew the rocket down, but it was a waterlogged mess. Somehow over the years I managed to keep the plastic Bt-20 to BT-5 transition, but I used the BT-20 fin can on a bird that I treed several years ago. I know it isn't an impressive kit by any standard, but I would like to try to put it back into flying shape. Does anyone have a kit that they could use to trace the fins on the BT-20 section? I think I could be happy with having a close enough clone.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Mini Aero-Dart, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion

Unflown: F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Jayhawk, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Microsonde 3 Payloader, Aerobee 300, Cyber III, Scrambler