View Single Post
Old 08-25-2024, 05:20 PM
frustrated aero

Default Engine Instructions (Centuri and Estes)

This has been a bit of a scavenger hunt...it all started when somebody on FB posted they had obtained some mini engines and didn't have the igniter plugs for them. They wondered if there was an alternative to using the plugs to keep the wire in place. (Kids these days!) I was going to find an illustration showing the ol' wad of tissue (Estes wadding?!?). I finally found an illustration in the 68 Estes catalog ("OldSchoolIgniterPlug") and posted that. Seems by 69 Estes was recommending a square of masking tape.

This got me to thinking that the instructions packaged with the engines used to show this. I dug through my stash and found I actually had some old instructions in some old motor packages ("20240825_165144MR").

I scanned these and attached them. The "CenturiModelRocketEngineOPInstructions" came out of the orange and black box. The "EnerJetCenturiModelRocketEngineOPInstructions" came out of the blue and red box. I was surprised to find the green tube of D13s still had the instructions rolled up around the engines! "EstesDEngineInsert".

I looked around, and then started looking on the net to see if a scan of the old Estes 18mm instructions were available anyplace. This is the set showing a puzzled (I assume) Chinese gentleman holding a rocket with a warning your rocket could drift a long ways. I did find a low resolution image of this document, but I believe it is only a partial page and I forget if there was a back page. If anybody has this and could scan and post here, I would greatly appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  OldSchoolIgniterPlug.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  156.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20240825_165144MR.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  489.7 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CenturiModelRocketEngineOPInstructions.pdf (1.08 MB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf EnerJetCenturiModelRocketEngineOPInstructions.pdf (666.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf EstesDEngineInsert.pdf (1.71 MB, 25 views)
Get yer Barrowmans here