Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Plans & Publications (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Centuri Decals (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=22191)

scigs30 03-09-2024 02:49 PM

Centuri Decals

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some fun Centuri decals. You can make your own Centuri Glue bottle and Chute Powder Container.

Earl 03-09-2024 03:30 PM

Those came out pretty good scigs.

Earl

scigs30 03-09-2024 04:29 PM

Thank you, don't know why I did it, just bored I guess.

tbzep 03-09-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
Thank you, don't know why I did it, just bored I guess.

Is the crazy Tennessee weather getting to you? :p

scigs30 03-09-2024 04:45 PM

No kidding, but we love it out here. Just need to get used to things from the field landing on my rockets when painting, oh well that is part of the fun. In the next year or two I will build my shed with an inside spray booth to avoid the weather and what ever is floating around out here.

tbzep 03-09-2024 04:56 PM

Never fear, Mule Day is less than a month away. ;)

Earl 03-09-2024 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
No kidding, but we love it out here. Just need to get used to things from the field landing on my rockets when painting, oh well that is part of the fun. In the next year or two I will build my shed with an inside spray booth to avoid the weather and what ever is floating around out here.

I suspect the southern humidity is a bit different than from whence you came! That is probably one of the biggest panting challenges here in this neck of the woods. I?m even more down south than you and tbzep, as I am in east central Georgia. I think this is about one of the hottest, most humid areas I?ve ever been in. My trips out west to the desert areas for high power launches back in the day were a dream come true! Wow, 10% humidity!! Felt great!!

But the humidity levels here in the south are bad from about late March to late October. Makes it hard to plan outdoor painting so yes, an indoor controlled climate painting booth would come in real handy.

Earl

hcmbanjo 03-09-2024 05:20 PM

Great work on the decals and wraps!
Years back at a NARAM I asked the Centuri rep. how the Centuri labeled glue is better than other wood glues.
He turned and whispered: "We buy wood glue in gallon jugs then fill little bottles that have our label on them."

scigs30 03-09-2024 05:28 PM

Chris,

That is exactly what I am doing, just add glue to the little bottle. I am hoping living down South will not affect my rocket building too much.

scigs30 03-09-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmbanjo
Great work on the decals and wraps!
Years back at a NARAM I asked the Centuri rep. how the Centuri labeled glue is better than other wood glues.
He turned and whispered: "We buy wood glue in gallon jugs then fill little bottles that have our label on them."

I am guessing that is also what they did with the Own Balsa Filler.