Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2024, 11:38 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn-rocketry

The Gleda Estes obituary is simply beautiful. She had a life well lived, well remembered, and well loved. It is a wonderful testimony of a wonderful woman. I am thankful to learn that she was a woman of faith who placed her full trust in the Lord and she was active in living out her faith, not ashamed of her Lord. The funeral service was today in Canon City, Colorado, at Evangelical Free Church. It is a lovely church. One of several where Gleda made quite an impact.

I know it will be difficult for Vern and the family in the coming days ahead without Gleda. They will need our continuing prayers of support. After nearly 73 years of marriage together, there will be a huge loss, but God's grace is sufficient and His Holy Spirit is our compassionate Comforter. Our Lord promises to be near to the broken-hearted and He is the God of all comfort. I know, because Christ lives in me and He has comforted me since my precious wife passed away more than 12 years ago in 2011. I still miss her dearly every day, but I know I will see her again in Heaven and there will be a great reunion! Praise God!

May God's comfort and peace and love surround the Estes family at this time and in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. For believers, we do not grieve as those who have no hope. We know we will see our loved ones again who have died in Christ. All glory to God!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. - II Corinthians 1:3-5 NIV

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Canon_City_EFC.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  107.6 KB  

Last edited by Faithwalker : 04-09-2024 at 12:25 AM.